The Government provides academies and schools with additional funding to help reduce inequalities and gaps in attainment between those students who are on free school meals (FSM) and their peers.
This funding is called the Pupil Premium.
The intended effect of this funding is to accelerate pupil progress and raise attainment by improving the breadth of experiences for a specific group. As we view all pupils as individual learners the scope of use will vary to best fit the pupils' needs as they arise.
Ingoldsby Primary is committed to ‘Narrowing the Gap’ between vulnerable pupils and their peers.
It is the responsibility of the Governors to explain pupil premium expenditure to parents/carers in the form of an annual statement.
Parents and carers will be able to obtain information on pupil premium via the school’s website. This will be updated annually.
- We will ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all pupils.
- We will ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups. This specifically includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are addressed.
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we will recognise that not all pupils who are eligible for free school meals, (or have been eligible in the last 6 years) are socially disadvantaged.
- We will also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals. We reserve the right to allocate Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils that the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged.
Pupil Premium funding will be allocated following annual needs analyses which will identify priority classes and groups. To see our full document breakdown please download the PDF on the left-hand side of the page.
Sports Premium Funding
The government is spending over £450 million on improving physical education and sport in primary schools.
Schools can choose how they use the funding to best improve their sports provision, sport participation and attainment. Details of how we plan to allocate the grant for the academic year can also be viewed by downloading the documents below.
- Ingoldsby Pupil Premium 2018 19
- Ingoldsby Pupil Premium 2019 20
- Ingoldsby Pupil Premium Plan 2017 18
- Ingoldsby Pupil Premium Plan 2018 19
- Ingoldsby Pupil Premium Plan 2019 20
- Ingoldsby Pupil Premium Plan 2020 21
- Ingoldsby Sports Premium 2017 18
- Ingoldsby Sports Premium 2018 19
- Ingoldsby Sports Premium 2019 20
- Ingoldsby Sports Premium Plan 2020 21