We are lucky to have an excellent PE programme developed by our own specialists within the trust.
Expert coaches visit the school to inspire children to aim high and follow their dreams.
Recently, Sue Smith, an England women’s footballer visited. Our very own sports-mad PE lead, Mrs Bland, is still buzzing! Key stage 2 children have the opportunity to attend the DRET summer cup; the UK’s biggest sports day. We offer a range of free sports clubs after school.
We are a dancing school. In January 2018 we committed to every class working with a dance coach, every week. Children work on sequencing, expression, self-confidence and movement. We join the DRET Dance Festival at Corby to celebrate the children’s work in summer.
We have our very own dance teacher, Adam Slepowronski, who works with all of our pupils, every week.
We are so proud of our Choirs! We have committed to every child, singing every day. We work in partnership with the Voices Foundation to provide high-quality music provision throughout the school.
What sort of skills does enrichment teach?
- Determination to succeed
- Winning and losing with grace
- Respect for others
- Confidence in yourself
- A sense of fun and enjoyment
- Focus and attitude
- Health benefits
Academies across the Trust are encouraged to work collaboratively to make the most of the opportunities on offer.
Highlights from last year include:
- A Big Sing led by Opera North
- 14 of our primary schools participated in the Shakespeare Schools Festival
- 6 of our primary schools worked with The Northern Ballet, this involved a trip to see a production and several workshops
- Several of our Northamptonshire schools developed partnerships with The Royal & Derngate Theatre and The Corby Cube
- Our hockey team were quarter finalists at the summer cup.
- Our fabulous netball team secure silver place at the Champions Cup and the DRET Winter Cup.
Our most recent opportunities include:
- Our choir took part in the theatre production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat at St Wulfram's church in Grantham.
For further information about the enrichment opportunities that are on offer please contact:
Shane Ward & Alex Green
To contact us please call head office:
01476 566 801