The following page provides an overview of the broad and interesting curriculum which is in operation at Ingoldsby Academy.
The ultimate vision for our curriculum is to provide the children with a broad, challenging and exciting curriculum that supports well being, relationships and creativity.
Curriculum is Key 2019-2020
At Ingoldsby Academy, we teach a carefully planned, knowledge-rich curriculum which aims to inspire pupils and promote excellent outcomes for all.
The curriculum content has been carefully chosen by talented subject experts within our trust and is organised in a coherent way, ensuring children can build their knowledge of concepts from Key Stage to Key Stage. In this way, the knowledge in the curriculum is progressive, constructing firm foundations and schema from which children can progress and develop deeper conceptual understanding and subject-specific knowledge and skills over time that will not only equip them for further study in the future but give them the general knowledge and vocabulary to hold their own.
Curriculum coherence enables children to develop knowledge over time, as well as a love of subjects. Subject content is crucial to this approach- the rich content of the curriculum inspires children and plants the seeds for a lifetime of learning.
Lessons are taught with talk and thinking critically at the heart. Children are encouraged to learn in a variety of ways.
For further information about the curriculum followed at Ingoldsby Academy please contact us.
- Ingoldsby MFL Curriculum Intent
- Ingoldsby Phonics Curriculum Intent
- Ingoldsby Reading Curriculum Intent
- Ingoldsby Talk 4 Reading Overview
- Ingoldsby Writing Curriculum Intent Statement
- Ingoldsby Writing Curriculum Overview
- Ingoldsby Writing Overview
- Ingoldsby Computing Curriclum Overview
- Ingoldsby DT Curriculum Intent
- Ingoldsby Maths Curriculum Intent
- Ingoldsby Maths Curriculum Map
- Ingoldsby Science Curriculum Intent
- Ingoldsby Geography Curriclum Overview
- Ingoldsby Geography Curriculum Intent
- Ingoldsby History Curriclum Overview
- Ingoldsby History Curriculum Intent
- Ingoldsby RE Curriculum Intent
There are 3 Prime areas:
- Communication and Language
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
There are also 4 Specific areas:
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
- Ingoldsby EYFS Curriclum Intent
- Reception Autumn 1 Me and My World
- Reception Autumn 2 Off We Go
- Reception Spring 1 Brilliant Bones
- Reception Spring 2
- Reception Summer 1 Lets Investigate
- Reception Summer 2 Choices and Changes
David Ross Education Trust and British Values
The Trust is very supportive of the ethos of promoting British Values, and preparing our pupils for success in a modern Britain.
A heavy reliance is placed upon broadening horizons for each and every child and this includes developing the core skills of tolerance, respect, teamwork, resilience and building self-esteem. These are all values and qualities that we feel are relevant in order to play a full and meaningful role in society, and are promoted via our extensive house system that lends itself to cultural and sporting competition, democratic principles, social mixing, the development of greater pastoral care and enhanced PSHE.