Enrichment is an important part of daily life at Ingoldsby Academy.
As a David Ross Education Trust academy we believe that enrichment can help to raise academic standards, enhance performance and teach life skills that will equip our pupils for an ever-changing world.
Primary enrichment gives students the chance to participate in activities that supplement learning and enable them to broaden their skills and experiences, identify talent and enhance it.
Activities include visual and performing arts, including dance, drama and music. There is also a focus on art, sport, outward bound and developing life skills.
What sort of skills does enrichment teach?
- Determination to succeed
- Winning and losing with grace
- Respect for others
- Confidence in yourself
- A sense of fun and enjoyment
- Focus and attitude
- Health benefits
Academies across the Trust are encouraged to work collaboratively to make the most of the opportunities on offer. Highlights from last year include:
- A Big Sing led by Opera North
- 14 of our primary schools participated in the Shakespeare Schools Festival.
- 6 of our primary schools worked with The Northern Ballet, this involved a trip to see a production and several workshops.
- Several of our Northamptonshire schools developed partnerships with The Royal & Derngate Theatre and The Corby Cube.
In 2015-2016 our opportunities at Ingoldsby include:
- KS2 working with the Shakespeare Schools Festival to perform "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- EYFS and KS1 went to see the northern Ballet perform the "Elves and the Shoemaker"
- A whole school visit from and workshops with the poet Ash Dickson
- KS2 attendance at the Summer Cup, a Trust wide footabll and netball competition
- KS2 attendance at the Winter Cup, a Trust wide sporting event attended by elite athletes like Denise Lewis!
- Collaboration with Charles Read Academy (Corby Glen) for a range of sporting events and training sessions with elite athletes.
The DRET Team
We have a team in place to fulfill our aims and provide opportunities for pupils.
Sport: Shane Ward & Alex Green
Cultural: Jamie Healy
To contact us please call Head office: 01476 566 801