The David Ross Education Trust works with over 30 primary and secondary academies and free schools across the East Midlands, Yorkshire and Humberside and the East of England. The Trust is also delighted to have a grammar school and special school in our network.
Our mission is to become the country’s leading group of academies, committed to high quality academic education for all. This will be achieved by:
- Developing fully the talents and potential of each pupil;
- Providing an excellent academic education, supported by wide-ranging and exceptional sporting, cultural and artistic activities;
- Fostering scholarship, hard work and conscientious application;
- Enabling all pupils to become knowledgeable, confident, kind and courteous adults capable of playing a positive and active role in society.
To deliver this, the Trust makes a commitment to ensure that:
- Each academy is graded by Ofsted as ‘outstanding’ within five years of joining the Trust, maintains that status and is progressing towards being judged as ‘world class’ by the Trust;
- Each academy achieves the highest academic results within its locality;
- Each academy develops a strong reputation for the quality of its sporting and cultural activities and for its pastoral care;
- The Trust recruits and retains exceptional teachers and staff;
- Create within DRET's academies an attractive and professional working environment that ensures the most effective and able staff are rewarded.
For more information about the David Ross Education Trust, please click here.
The Trust is committed to improving the standards and outcomes of the academies that we work with, and has a strong track record of improving academic performance by focusing on sustainable improvement in four key areas:
- Supporting leadership teams in securing high quality monitoring
- Focusing relentlessly on literacy
- Coaching and professional development for the very best teaching and learning
- Sport and enrichment programmes that underpin engagement with schooling and raise ambition
For more information, please click here